Developing a Model to Support the Employment of Migrants and Refugees in the Australian Meat Processing Industry
This project sought to develop and trial a model for employing a group of 10-15 migrants at Thomas Foods International at Murray Bridge, with a view to being adapted and used by other meat processing companies.
The two-year project included planning, trial and review phases which enabled the model to be thoroughly tested and adjusted. Particular focus was given to:
- Identification of available government and community support services.
- Preparation, training and support for the identified migrant group.
- Preparation and support for the meat processing workforce.
- Preparation and interaction with the local community.
- Development of transition arrangements for ongoing support beyond the life of the project.
Download the Snapshot
Download the following case studies below: