Agricultural Trade and Market Access Programme
Grants are available for projects aimed at promoting cooperation in accessing international markets, through the Agricultural Trade and Market Access Cooperation (ATMAC) programme.
The ATMAC programme is administered by the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources to support Australian agricultural industry:
- open, improve and maintain access to overseas markets for Australian agricultural products
- build stronger relationships with trading partners, neighbouring countries and international organisations.
The Agricultural Trade and Market Access Cooperation (ATMAC) programme is designed to provide grant funding to approved projects which assist in breaking down technical barriers to trade for Australian for Australian agricultural exports and secure new and improved access to premium markets. The programme commenced in March 2016 and has approved 28 projects worth around $3.7 million. Some examples of approve projects are projects which:
- support negotiation of protocols for new and improved market access for premium agricultural products
- assist with opening or improving access to markets following ratification of the China Free Trade Agreement
- improve market access and building stronger relationships with EU and UK agri-business in preparation for the upcoming EU FTA negotiations
- provide practical demonstration workshops that build awareness of storage and use of premium agricultural products.
A full list of approved projects is available on the DAWR website.
Heading into 2017-18, the ATMAC programme has confirmed funding is available this financial year and that the funding priorities remain to:
- help realise market access opportunities created for Australian exporters under recently ratified free trade agreements; and
- contribute to the negotiation of protocols for new and improved market access.
If you are considering applying for an ATMAC grant, please note that the funding in 2018-19 has been fully allocated and any proposed projects must be able to be completed before 27 June 2018. Please submit your application as soon as possible to allow time for application processing and project implementation BEFORE the end of the 2017-18 financial year.
Further information on the programme (including the list of approved projects), the ATMAC programme guidelines and application form can be found on the ATMAC Homepage.